What information do I need to apply for an exemption?
The information needed includes a site plan that clearly shows what activity is proposed for the property, the limit of disturbance for the proposed activity, the location of the woodlands on the property, a vicinity map showing where the property is located, and a completed application form.

Applications can be made in person or by mail. To apply in person, come to the 4th floor of the County Administration Building in Upper Marlboro. To apply by mail send the necessary information to:
Environmental Planning Section
Countywide Planning Division
14741 Governor Oden Bowie Drive
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772

Faxed applications can be sent to 301-952-3799 and must include a completed application form and plans at a legible scale.

For more information, please call 301-952-3650.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit to cut down trees in my yard?
2. Do I need a Tree Conservation Plan or can I receive a waiver?
3. What information do I need to apply for an exemption?
4. What environmental information is available on the web?
5. Is my property in the Chesapeake Bay Critical Area?
6. Are there wetlands on my property?
7. Is there a floodplain on my property?
8. My basement has flooded from all this rain! What can I do?
9. How do I register my boat or obtain information about hunting and fishing licenses?
10. When are the Hunter Safety Courses?
11. What can I do about nuisance or injured wildlife in or around my home?