We are delighted to showcase the Department of Parks and Recreation’s Health & Wellness Action Plan. The Plan implements the health and wellness objectives of the Formula 2040: Functional Master Plan for Parks, Recreation and Open Space and demonstrates how the Department, in collaboration with community partners and stakeholders, intends to:
- REDUCE obesity in the County
- ELEVATE the Department’s role as a health and wellness provider, and
- INCREASE resident participation in healthy lifestyle activities.
Currently, the Health & Wellness Action Plan guides the work of the Department as it relates to improving overall health outcomes in Prince George’s County. Forty-one measurable outcomes were developed across a set of six thematic areas:
- Signature Programs
- Standards, Guidelines, and Policies
- Partnerships, Sponsorships, and Grants
- Staff Training
At present, the Department has already made great strides towards completing many of these outcomes. For more information, please contact Katrina Williams, Health and Wellness Officer, at email@example.com or by phone at 301-446-6800.