We're seeking an Event Coordinator for Arts on a Roll, an on-demand, mobile arts service that works with visual and performing artists to provide engaging activities that facilitate artist expression for the young and the young-at-heart. The Arts on a Roll Event Coordinator is responsible for preparing, organizing, and scheduling Arts on a Roll events. He/she will be the main point of contact for the teaching artists and volunteers, and will assist with implementing and leading curriculum. The ideal candidate needs strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills. He/she also has to be flexible and work well in high-pressure and time-sensitive situations. Scheduled hours vary based on needs of program. Must be available for evening and weekend hours. A background in the arts, arts education, or arts administration is preferred.
Duties include but are not limited too:
- Manage Arts on a Roll events by organizing and preparing supplies and assisting with event setup and clean up
- Communicate effectively with Arts on a Roll staff about work opportunities, staff schedules, policies and procedures, and other information; including through the creation and implementation of communication tools and best practices.
- Supervise Arts on a Roll part-time staff to ensure proper use and care of the materials and vehicles.
- Train new Arts on a Roll staff to conduct activities and follow appropriate policies, including a thorough understanding of the Arts on a Roll Employee Handbook.
- Serve as lead instructor at large events and work with Arts on a Roll staff to facilitate access and return of supplies and vehicles.
- Support volunteer participation by assisting with development and supervision of volunteer program, and serving as point of contact for volunteers.
- Maintain an inventory of all supplies and materials.
- Initiate supply orders in a timely manner to ensure materials are ready for upcoming events.
- Maintain document event logs and other needed program documentation.
- Assist with collection of employee time cards.
- Support the Arts Specialist with recruiting new teaching artists through duties such as posting job announcements online, creating and distributing fliers, etc.
- Support scheduling and customer care when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Salary: $14.50 to $20 per hour, Based on Experience
Hours: Part-time; 25 to 30 hours a week based on needs of program
To Apply: Email a resume and cover letter to Arts.email@example.com . No phone calls please.