- Master Plan Of Transportation (MPOT 2035)
- The Master Plan of Transportation is currently documenting the Existing Conditions within the County. Upon completion, staff will begin developing transportation goals and policies.
- View/download a copy of the Prince George's County Master Plan of Transportation 2035 (MPOT 2035) Current Conditions Report
- Transportation Review Guidelines
- Phase 1 is complete and posted online. Phase 2 has been initiated.
- Carole Highlands Safe Mobility Study
- A Virtual Public Meeting on the Carole Highlands Safe Mobility Study will be held on Wednesday, November 9, 2022, at 6:30 p.m. Please register here to attend.
- Langley Park Neighborhood Bicycle Boulevards Project
- Pedestrian and Bicyclist Behavioral Study
- Initiated the project with a kick-off meeting in May 2022.
- Bulletin 4-2021 Bicycle Pedestrian Impact Statements
- Transportation Action Guide for Urban Communities
- Bulletin 2-2019 Traffic Impact Studies during the Federal Government Shutdown
The Transportation Planning Section (TPS) of the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission in Prince George’s County is the designated transportation planning organization for Prince George’s County, Maryland. In coordination with Prince George’s County government, the TPS staff coordinates with numerous agencies that play important roles in the transportation planning process within Prince George’s County.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate regional transportation planning policy analysis with transportation operating and planning agencies, including the Prince Georges County Department of Public Works and Transportation, the Maryland Department of Planning, the Maryland Department of Transportation, the National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board, and the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority.
- Mandatory Referrals from federal, state, and county agencies.
- Develop, evaluate, and maintain updates of the transportation recommendations in master plans, sector plans, and the Approved Countywide Master Plan of Transportation (2009).
- Evaluate and review public and private development projects and their impacts on the adequacy of the transportation system for the Planning Board and County Council.
- Provide strategic transportation planning, programming, and policy technical support to municipal, county, and state agencies.
- Coordinate with municipal, county, regional, state, and federal transportation and planning agencies to implement the recommendations of master plans, sector plans, and the Countywide Master Plan of Transportation (2009).