Birthday Party Packages (Workshop Room)
Wild Things Birthday Party Package (Workshop Room)
Have your child's birthday party at Watkins Nature Center! We provide the use of our workshop room for 3 hours, a 30-minute live animal show, and a coloring book for each child. You supply the food, decorations, and fun! A great package deal, that is suitable for ages 2-12.
Your birthday party package includes:
- A 30-minute Wild Things animal show featuring a variety of our resident animals, such as reptiles, amphibians, insects, and/or birds of prey.
- 3-hour use of our workshop room, including set up, party, nature program, and clean up time. Available from 12-3 pm on a Saturday or Sunday. (You must be cleaned up and vacate the room by 3 pm). Additional time may be scheduled at the time of reservation for $60/hr for residents and $80/hr for non-residents.
- Use of our workshop room, which includes tables, chairs, sink, and refrigerator/freezer.
- Receive a free nature coloring book for each child in your party which will be provided the day of the party.
Basic Birthday Party Package (Workshop Room)
Includes everything in the Wild Things Birthday package EXCEPT the 30-minute Wild Things animal show.
|Wild Things Birthday Party Package||$200||$260|
|Basic Birthday Party Package||$150||$195|
Reservations and Payment Information
Dates fill up quickly! Make your reservations at least two months in advance. Reservations are tentative and subject to cancellation until payment is received in full by the due date along with the signed contract. For reservations, please call 301-218-6702; TTY 301-699-2544 or fill out an online application (below).
- Price includes the birthday party child and up to 25 child-aged guests (ages 2 to 12). There is no fee for adult guests (18 and older). Payment is required to reserve your date.
- Payment is required within 10 days of scheduling your party date. Make checks/money orders payable to M-NCPPC. Please mail or bring payment to: Watkins Nature Center, 301 Watkins Park Drive, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774.
- A driver's license, or other state or federal photo identification, is REQUIRED with your payment, regardless of the payment type.
Additional Birthday Party Guidelines
- For Wild Thing Birthday packages, you must schedule the 30-minute animal show (between 1:30 to 2:00 pm) during the reservation.
- All cancellations must be addressed to the Watkins Nature Center manager, or designee, at least 10 business days prior to the scheduled event. Cancellation requests may be faxed to 301-218-6712. With sufficient notice (as indicated on contract) and approval of the manager, a refund will be issued minus a 20% administrative fee.
- If payment was made in the form of cash, money order, or check, the refund, in the form of a check, will be mailed to the address on the original reservation form. Please allow 3-4 weeks. Payments made by credit card will be refunded to the credit card used for payment unless a six-month window has passed and the card number is no longer available due to credit card compliance standards (in which case a check will be issued to the account main contact).
- Please limit your party activities and food consumption to the workshop. Adults must accompany and supervise all children visiting the exhibit hall, bathrooms, and birds of prey areas. Please do not allow climbing, running, screaming, or other inappropriate behavior inside the Nature Center, or outside in the birds of prey areas. Please DO NOT feed any animals or put any items in the turtle pond or cages.
- Please dispose of all trash and recyclables in the proper receptacles, and leave the workshop and outside areas as you found them. Commission staff will provide brooms and dustpans for your use.