- Our Departments
- Prince George's County Operations
- Watkins Regional Park
Watkins Regional Park
Facilities within the Park:
- Old Maryland Farm
- Watkins Tennis Bubble
- Watkins Nature Center
- Watkins Antique Carousel, Train & Miniature Golf
The Watkins Regional Park offers primitive tent camping for small or large groups, no RV’s. There are thirty (30) individual sites and three (3) group sites at the Park. The campsites are open March 1-November 15. Check-in time is noon and check-out time is 11 am. Comfort stations with hot showers are available for use.
The individual campsites are available for groups of six (6) people or less with no more than two (2) adults and are offered on a first come, first served basis.
The group sites are for registered groups of fifteen (15) to thirty (30) people and must be reserved in advance. Registered groups such as scouts, church groups, and schools must provide a list of all campers and vehicle tag numbers. Reservations must be canceled at least 48 hours in advance. An after-hours drop box is available at the camp entrance for late night, weekend and holiday arrivals.
Reservations can be made at Watkins Nature Center, Monday-Friday from 9 am-4:30 pm (301-218-6702), or reserve a camp today through PARKS DIRECT. Payment is due when reservation is made.
Individual Campsites (6 or fewer people) Reservations Recommended
|$10 (seniors)||$13 (seniors)|
Group Camp Sites (15-30 people) Requires Reservation
REGISTRATION: 9 AM-4:30 PM MONDAY-FRIDAY
- Each camper/camping unit must be registered and paid within each 24-hour period, from check-in to check-out. Check out is 11 am.
- No refunds.
- Maximum stay is TWO (2) WEEKS for each camper/camping unit. It is mandatory to vacate the campground for a minimum of two (2) weeks before returning. A maximum stay of fourteen (14) days in any 28-day period shall be strictly enforced.
- Camper registrants must be an adult (18 years or older) who has a PARKS DIRECT account.
- Camper registrants shall present a current and valid driver’s license as identification upon registration and/or a picture ID such as a college, school, military or employer’s ID.
- No checks are accepted.
- It is not permissible for individuals to register under different names in order to extend their stay beyond the limits listed herein.
- All campers under the age of 18 are considered to be minors and must be accompanied by an adult.
- There shall be a maximum limit of one (1) camping unit per site. A camping unit is defined as one of the following:
a. Tent (2 permitted per individual site)
b. Pull-behind trailer or “pop-up” camper
c. Self-contained (such as a Winnebago)
d. Pick-up truck-mounted camper or shell [Some sites do not have grates]
- The number of campers using the site and camping unit shall not exceed six (6) persons.
- The M-NCPPC permit must be shown at all times in the designated display case located at each campsite.
- QUIET HOURS: 10 pm-7 am. Please respect your neighbor.
- Pets must be leashed at all times.
- Fires are permitted in designated areas only (fire pit and/or grills). Gas stoves and charcoal grills are permitted. Please do not use wood from surrounding park area.
- Please do not block roadways.
- Each camper is responsible for the cleanliness of their site.
- There is no electricity or waste removal.
- Only registered campers are permitted to use comfort stations and showers.
- Check-in time is noon and check-out time is 11 am
Agent of Discovery
We are partnering with Agent of Discovery, a free educational mobile game for families, to encourage kids to learn and explore the surroundings of the Watkins Nature Center. The app is available in the Apple and Google Play stores.