February 13, 2020
13901 Central Avenue
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
301-249-7200; TTY 301-699-2544
Join us for the annual No Excuse for Dating Abuse Teen Summit where teens will discuss the warning signs of dating abuse and how they can support one another. There will be a live band, poetry and art contest, photo shoots, refreshments and much more!
No Excuse for Dating Abuse Teen Summit
Thursday, February 13, 2020
Visual and Poetry Contest:
Opens to students ages 13-21
Objective: To create a piece of visual art or poets to create a written piece depicting self-love.
Eligible types of media are:
- 3D art
- graphic art
Poetry/Spoke Word Criteria:
- Submissions are no more than 3 minutes
- Submissions are uploaded on YouTube
- Contestants send the YouTube link to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions are tasteful since the link will be downloaded to our Xtreme Teens social media sites.
- Contestants please go to the social media sites and share the link
- Participants invite family and friends to come out and vote
- Submissions are brought to Brittany Russell, Bowie Community Center, 3209 Stonybrook Dr., Bowie
- Email email@example.com with a photo of your work and the date you intend to bring your art work to the Center
- Submissions are tasteful with no derogatory images, implications, or language.
- Winners of the contest will be chosen during the Summit on Thursday, February 13; MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.