Innovate Parks & Recreation
The Innovate Parks & Rec Taskforce mission is to Make Innovation a Habit. Innovation plays such a major role in having a successful workplace culture. We define innovation as—introducing new processes, ideas, products, and services to enhance and enrich our department and our communities. Studies have shown that organizations that cultivate an innovative workplace increase efficiency, performance, positive change, and growth.
IPR Brings You... Eyes Have It!
Eyes Have It believes in ensuring our facilities and spaces are beautiful, safe, and functional. From easy fixes to long-term projects, Eyes Have It funds a range of improvement projects spearheaded by staff.
Major idea-inspiring-improvement categories include:
- Enhance Indoor and Outdoor Spaces
- Modernize Public and Staff Spaces
- Explore Feasibility for Upgrading Technology and Increasing Accessibility
- Focus on Sustainability
- Brand All Spaces (with the M-NCPPC logo)
Applying is as easy as…
- Take a (virtual) walkthrough of your day-to-day operations using fresh eyes.
- List desired improvements, renovations and/or additions.
- Share your bright ideas by submitting a thorough description of your project with supporting pictures (or video).
- We will be accepting submissions for Round Two from February 8–March 12.
- If selected, you will have the opportunity to work closely with subject matter experts to make your bright ideas become a reality.
- Additional consideration will be given to projects focused on outdoor spaces and trails and projects that can be fully completed by June 30, 2022.
- All project ideas are welcome!
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
- Where can I access the application?
- Can I submit an application on behalf of a coworker?
- If my application is not chosen for Round 1, can I resubmit an application with updated information for Round 2?
- My photo/video file is too big to upload to the application. How can I share the link to it on OneDrive?
Discover Innovation Where You Are!
At the Department of Parks and Recreation, we have embraced innovation! We have used a process called Innovative Program Initiative (IPI) to help bring ideas from the front lines all the way to the top. Included in the resources packet is everything we have created to help move IPIs along.